Monday, July 2, 2012

Day Twenty-Three

I had tried to post last night, but for some reason, my computer decided to delete what I had written and it never made it to being published. By that time, it was late, I was tired, and it seemed like maybe the computer had made the better decision by sending my written thoughts into limbo. As a result, rather than try to recreate the whole thing, I opted for another glass of wine, listening to a little Bach and going to bed.

Now I'm back at it this afternoon and we'll see what happens.

It's been brutally hot here in St. Louis St. Louis with temperatures between 100 and 110 for a week. Fortunately, the humidity that we're usually cursed with has been low and, as a result, the heat has been reasonably bearable. But this has made me less willing than usual to get outside or to drive to friends' houses or meet them at restaurants and bars. I've been mostly holing up at home.

I did get out to visit my daughter and her husband and my granddaughter. The little squirt has just turned ten months old and if she isn't walking by the end of this week, I'll be very surprised. She's cute as a button, happy as can be, and smart! She's beginning to talk and has a vocabulary of about a dozen words. I got to spend a little over an hour with the bunch of them before they all had to run off to visit with another set of relatives. It's a day later and I still feel pretty happy and positive about the world. Maybe all we need to improve the world is to spend more time with happy babies.

Of course, if that's the correct prescription for a better, happier world, we'll also have to spend more of our time making sure that more babies are happy, healthy, and well cared for. Otherwise there won't be enough happy babies to go around. It seems like a worthwhile effort, though.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment