Friday, July 13, 2012

Day Thirty-Four

Drinking: Newcastle Brown Ale
Eating: Nothing right now. Maybe sushi later.
Reading: House of Holes by Nicholson Baker (and I'm REALLY liking it)

Jeeezus! What a crazy week at work. I've just been exhausted when I get home in the evening and haven't done much, including much writing. I still think I can finish off the play script I'm working on this weekend, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't get to it.

I did have one bright spot this week. I had folks over for a post-mortem meeting on West End Player's offering in the St. Louis Fringe Festival, and that was very good. Very positive. We did talk about improvements that we think can be made next year on both the festival's part and on ours. But there was nothing like complaining or bitching about things. It was all
"Well, this could have gone better."
"Okay, how do we make it better?"

So, that's a positive step.

I also got to hang out with my sweetie at O'Connell's a little bit, and that was good.

Now, I've got to figure out what to do tonight. There're so many options that it's a little paralyzing. St. Louis is such a busy city these days! I could call Jane up and we could go to the outdoor film series at the Art Museum where they're showing Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Or go to The Half-Way Haus to hear some friends of mine, The Sins of the Pioneers are playing. Or just go over to a great little restaurant and wine bar, Ernesto's, and enjoy a bottle of wine and the summer weather on their back patio.

Wish me luck in deciding.

No comments:

Post a Comment