Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day Twenty-Nine

Drinking: Newcastle Brown Ale
Eating: Tomato and avocado salad with basil & balsamic vinegar dressing

Rain! At last, it's pouring down rain. Thank goodness. We've been going through a real drought around here, along with the ridiculous heat. So, it's good to see the rain coming down, soaking the earth and cooling the air. Fantastic.

And it seems that along with the weather breaking, my bout with writer's block has broken. I've been working on a short play for the last year or so, collaborating with a good friend, one of my favorite people in the world. I think the work we're doing is good, considering it's our first try at this. But I've been blocked for the last three months and unable to do my part working on the script. I got back to it today in a very small way. Only a page or so, but I think it's good and I have ideas for the remainder of the scene. I'd have finished it this evening, but I got so tired. I hadn't written much, but just was unable to go further. Rather than push it, I stopped, put it away and made a promise to myself that I'll work on it again before bedtime on Tuesday.

Yesterday, I held auditions for This Wide Night, a play I'll be directing in the fall for West End Players Guild in the fall. The auditions were great. About twenty women showed up to read for the plays two roles and, almost without exception, they were good. I could have cast the show six times over from the women who showed up. I am now so psyched to get started with rehearsals and design meetings that I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment