Monday, June 25, 2012

Day Sixteen

Mondays are my night to teach at the Folk School. This session I'm teaching a class in mountain dulcimer and one called "Fiddle Repertoire". For the latter, I'm just teaching fiddle tunes that I know and a little bit about the sources for them. It's a good way for some intermediate students to add to the number of tunes they know and build some confidence in their playing with other people. They seem to be enjoying it and I feel good about that.

Both of the classes are fun and I'm really enjoying myself with them. A couple of the students really understand what we're trying to do and that makes it even more fun. This session will be over in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping that the classes will make again in the next session. Teaching gives me a real sense of accomplishment and lets me feel like I'm repaying all of the hours people have spent with me giving me tunes and letting me steal licks from them. Now I'm doing the same for these students.

After I got home, I cut open a watermelon I'd picked up a couple of days ago at our local farmers' market. It was wonderful. I ate a quarter of it this evening and am going to work on a quarter a day until it's gone.

Also got good news from daughter China. She and Tom have an opportunity to rent a house and get out of the cramped little apartment they are in. Callie, my granddaughter, gabbled and sang the whole time I was on the phone with China. I'm glad that she'll now have a little more room to crawl around in! I must say that grandkids are the best thing in the world.

So, it's been a good day. I have a lot to be thankful for. I think I'll finish this off and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment